General site conditions
2. Use of the Service
You must be 18 years of age or older to use the Service. Minors wishing to use the Service must be accompanied by at least one of their parents. Immo Schepens is in no way liable if minors use the Service without parental supervision. Use of the Service is at your own risk. The Service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. As a user of the Service you agree to understand and accept the following prohibitions:
- It is not permitted to collect and/or use user names, passwords, e-mail addresses or other personal data of users for any purpose.
- The use of meta tags is not permitted, except with the explicit and prior written consent of Immo Schepens.
- It is not permitted to use the Service for unauthorised publicity, including via spam, chain letters or unsolicited e-mails.
- You are not allowed to use data mining, robots, screen scraping or similar data gathering tools on the Service, except with the express and prior written consent of Immo Schepens. You may not "frame" or use "framing techniques" on any part of the Service without explicit written permission.
- It is not permitted to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, resell or exploit any part of the Service, the use of the Service or access to the Service without the prior written consent of Immo Schepens.
- It is not allowed to upload or post spam.
- It is not permitted to upload, post or transmit worms, viruses or any other code of a destructive nature.
- It is not allowed to change, adapt or hack the Service or change the website of a third party to make it look like it is associated with the Service offered by Immo Schepens.
- You may not use the Service for any unlawful or unauthorised purpose. You may not use the Service in contravention of any restrictions imposed by applicable law (including, but not limited to, those relating to copyright and database law).
- It is not permitted to use the Service for commercial purposes; only private use of the Service is permitted.
However, you are permitted to create a "hyperlink" from your own website to the homepage of Our Website. In case you want to create a "deeplink" to specific contents on the Website, you must obtain Our explicit and prior consent.
You accept that Immo Schepens may use the services of third parties and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, storage space and the necessary network and related technologies required to operate the Service.
Links to other websites
The Website may contain hyperlinks to third party content or to websites operated by third parties. Immo Schepens has no control over the content or other characteristics of those websites or web pages and cannot be held responsible/liable for the quality or accuracy of the content or other characteristics of those websites. The operators of those websites are solely responsible for compliance with the laws and regulations applicable to the products and/or services they offer on or via their website, including but not limited to the regulations regarding consumer protection, distance selling, legislation in connection with prices, etc.
Reliability of the information on the Website
Although every effort is made to ensure the reliability, up-to-dateness, completeness and accuracy of the information and other content available on or via the Service, in no event shall we be liable for any direct or indirect damage, in particular, material, immaterial or other damage, arising out of the use of the information and other content on the Service. The same applies with regard to files downloaded from or through the Service.
In particular, we make every effort to update the property adverts on our Website regularly. However, we cannot be held liable for any errors in the content of the advertisement or in the event that the property is no longer available when you view the advertisement.
The advertisement does not constitute an offer in any legal sense. We therefore strongly recommend that you contact us before making any decision (purchase, rental,...) regarding the property to personally check that the information and availability of the property is correct and up to date. The information on our Website is always provisional and must always be confirmed by us, especially but not exclusively with regard to the asking price.
Processing of personal data
Some functionalities of our Service may be subject to the prior provision of certain personal data in order to ensure a smooth contact and/or provide you with the correct information.
The user who provides the personal data guarantees Us that they are correct.
We respect the legislation concerning the processing of personal data. Personal data are kept in the central database of Immo Schepens in order to perform the tasks entrusted to it. On simple written request, addressed to Immo Schepens [coordinates office], you can take notice of these data and have them corrected and/or deleted if they are incomplete, incorrect or irrelevant (law of 8 December 1992).
3. Intellectual property rights
The texts, drawings, photos, videos, images, data, databases, software, names, trade and domain names, brands, logos and other components of the Service are protected by intellectual property rights and belong to Immo Schepens or third parties.
All data collections of the Service are subject to the legal protection of databases, both in terms of structure and content.
Immo Schepens grants each user of the Service a non-exclusive, non-transferable and at any time revocable licence to access the Website on a single computer, to display and if necessary download the contents of the Service for the sole purpose of consulting those contents. Reproduction of the content is permitted only under the following conditions: the user may print out one copy of the contents of the Service for personal use only, provided that he does not thereby modify the content in any way and that he retains all copyright and origin markings on the Website.
With the exception of the above, it is prohibited without the prior written consent of Immo Schepens to store, reproduce, modify, publish, distribute or transmit, sell or otherwise transfer or grant any rights to third parties in respect of the information and content provided on or via the Service.
Immo Schepens, its logo, icons and trade names are protected by law. They cannot be used in connection with any other product or service in any way that is likely to cause confusion or in any way bring Immo Schepens into disrepute or harm.
Declaration of intellectual property infringement
Immo Schepens aims at all times to respect intellectual property rights. Holders of these rights can at all times notify Immo Schepens if they believe that Immo Schepens itself or a user of the Service of Immo Schepens is violating his or her right(s). These notifications should be sent to us via e-mail at the following address: [email protected]
Please clearly indicate the content protected by intellectual property rights and the URL of the data on the Website that has been infringed or is infringing, as well as leaving sufficient details for us to contact you (address, e-mail address, telephone number).
4. Limitation of liability
You accept and declare that Immo Schepens cannot and will not be liable for any direct or indirect damage, incidental or special damage, consequential damage or occasional damage, including but not limited to, damage to be compensated for loss of profit, goodwill, use, data or other immaterial losses, due to:
- Malfunctions, interruptions or errors in the electronic service or information obtained through the Service;
- Viruses which, despite precautions, occur on the Website;
- An error and/or omission made by employees and/or appointees of Immo Schepens, subject to possible deontological liability in the event of an infringement of the Code of Ethics of the Professional Institute of Estate Agents.
- Fraudulent falsification of data by third parties, due to unauthorised intrusion into the Website;
- Statements or conduct of a third party on the Website;
- The impossibility of using the Service;
- Unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmission or data;
5. Other conditions
If Immo Schepens does not exercise any right or provision (arising) from these GTC, this shall in no way constitute a waiver by Immo Schepens of that right or provision.
If one or more aspects of these T&Cs appear to be wholly or partly unenforceable, this will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
In the event of a conflict between these GTC and possible special conditions applicable to certain services provided by Immo Schepens, whether or not via the Service, then those special conditions will apply.
The current CGUs are governed by Belgian law.
Parties agree that, in case of a dispute regarding the Service (including the present CGUs), only the courts of the judicial district in which the real estate office is located are competent.